Sunday, January 22, 2006

History Helps Those Who Study!

My newest blog, History Helps, will serve as an aid for my efforts to study history. I am currently enrolled in Dr. Konnilyn Feig's course at Foothill College on the History of Western Civilization, Part B (the Middle Ages). We are using as text the 3rd edition of Jackson J. Spielvogel's "Western Civilization - a Brief History Vol I: to 1715". In addition, Dr. Feig has created an online text, available to the public, which serves as our resource base. Check it out at: HIST 04b.

This blog will raise issues that have roots in history. An old adage is that what you don't LEARN from you end up repeating. I'd like to supplement that idea with another - what's happening NOW has existed before. So, I'll be making parallels between then and now, and also just jotting down facts and ideas that seem relevant or feel pertinent. Feel free to add your own ideas to this blog via comments or emails. Otherwise, just enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home